Fitness for Work Policy
Reed Resources Ltd. is committed to provide a safe working environment for personnel, contractors and visitors in order to perform job tasks without causing unacceptable risks to the health and safety of themselves, others, or to the integrity of operations.
Each employee, contractor and visitor is responsible for ensuring they are fit to perform the duties without imposing unacceptable risks to the health and safety of themselves, others, or our operations.
Fitness for Work issues that may affect performance and safety include:
- work related injury or illness;
- stress and fatigue;
- physical or mental deterioration or disability;
- non work-related injury or illness;
- influence of prescription, non-prescription, illegal drugs or alcohol.
Personnel are 'fit for duty' in order to perform job tasks without causing unacceptable risks to the health and safety of themselves, others or to the integrity of operations.
Measures are taken to evaluate the job risks associated with personnel who are assessed as 'not fit for duty' and to minimise those associated risks.
Reed Resources Ltd. ensures implementation of this Policy by:
- Ensuring that personnel are assessed as to their physical ability and capability to undertake required tasks with minimum risks to themselves, others, or the operation;
- Carrying out assessments before commencement of work, and randomly, or upon discovery of information suggesting that there is an inability to safely perform job tasks;
- Coordinating affected personnel and supervision in a manner that develops the most advantageous and feasible application of risk minimisation measures;
- Performing assessments and the implementation of mitigation measures in a manner that is respectful of affected personnel and includes objective professional advice;
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained for all 'fit for duty' assessment and implementation of mitigation measures;
- Reviewing and updating this document periodically and ensuring this Policy is available to all personnel and interested parties.
This Policy and its supporting plans, procedures and guidelines apply to all personnel, contractors and visitors involved in Reed Resources Ltd. operations.